CSCS Cards



CSCS Scheme

The Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) is the leading skills certification scheme within the UK construction industry. CSCS cards provide proof that individuals working on construction sites have the required training and qualifications for the type of work they carry out. The scheme keeps a database of people working in construction who have achieved, or are committed to achieving a recognised construction related qualification.


Do I need a CSCS card to work on a construction site?

Most principal contractors and major house builders require construction workers on their sites to hold a valid CSCS card. To achieve any CSCS card that IS NOT a Green Labourers Card, you NEED a NVQ


What will my NVQ and CSCS card cost?

Please contact  PopCorporation  for more details on costs. 

Will I be able to get a CSCS card after my NVQ?

Once you have completed your NVQ and passed your Health, Safety and Environment test you will be fully qualified for a CSCS Card.


Types of

 NVQ’s That Pop Corporation  Provide

To apply for a CSCS card you need to prove you have the training and qualifications required to carry out your job. The type of work you do and your qualifications or membership of professional bodies will determine which type of CSCS card you should apply for.

Contact POP Corporation  to find out how to find out what NVQ and CSCS card is best for you.

  • To achieve your green labourer’s card you need to do a BTEC level 1 Heath & Safety which we provide.

Skilled worker card – Level 2 NVQ

To achieve your green Skilled worker card you need to Hold NVQ L3

  • Ceiling fixing
  • Dry lining finishing
  • Dry lining fixing
  • Wall & Floor Tiling
  • Carpentry
  • Plastering
  • Cladding
  • Painting & Decorating
  • Formwork
  • Trowel occupations
  • Concrete occupations / Drilling
  • Steel fixing
  • Demolition
  • Interior Systems – Partitioning
  • Controlling Lifting Operations – Slinger/Signaller

Gold Card – Level 3 NVQ

To achieve your green Gold Card  you need to Hold NVW Level 3

  • Formwork
  • Plastering
  • Occupational work supervision
  • Carpentry
  • Construction Contracting Operations (Estimating)
  • Construction Contracting Operations (Buying)
  • Construction Contracting Operations (Planning)
  • Construction Contracting Operations (Surveying)
  • Construction Contracting Operations (Site Technical Support)
  • Construction Contracting Operations (Design Coordinator)
  • Construction Contracting Operations (General)

To achieve your green Black Card  you need to Hold NVW Level 3


Black Card

NVQ Level 6 

  • Construction Site Management
  • Construction Contracting Operations (estimating)
  • Construction Contracting Operations (Quantity Surveying)
  • Construction Contracting Operations (General)

Level 7

  • Construction Senior Management